Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Recipes From a Box

Who knew they could be so wonderful?  I first heard about this jam recipe when I went to visit my sister-in-law and her family on the St. Claire River.  We were sitting at the breakfast bar when her mother brought out the "freezer jam", it was running and fruity and tasted deliciously fresh picked from the garden.  I thought for sure it had to be a secret family recipe, passed down through the generations but I was wrong.  It came from the back of a Certo pectin package.  Here below I have a few wee photos of this very easy process.  I hope you all take advantage of the very reasonabley priced fruit this season and make some of your own.















 
Ta daaaaaa!

My next recipe from a box is for stuffed pasta shells.  I can honestly say that the jam recipe gave me some confidence and so I thought I could kill dead things with all this cooking domesticness.  This was a pretty yummy dinner although not super healthy as there was a lot of cheese (however my friend later shared a fat cutting secret, use half ricotta half cottage cheese, apparently no one can tell the difference)














No comments:

Post a Comment